My daughters and I recently attended Willows Activity Farm Santa Spectacular. This is an annual event run in the week’s prior to Christmas at Willows Activity Farm. If you’ve never heard of the farm see my review here.
This is my review on the Christmas event, based on my own personal experience.
Willows Activity Farm Santa Spectacular Review
What is it?
The Willows Activity Farm Santa Spectacular is a full day out of festive fun for all the family.
It runs from November 22-December 24 2017. They are open from 10.00am to 5.30pm (last admission 4.30pm), on some days they will be open from 9am ( 9, 10, 16, 17, 21-24 Dec).
This is the list of all the activities based on the 2017 event:
- Meet Santa and receive a golden key – after which children can choose one of the hundreds of gifts. Piled from floor to ceiling to take home in the Toy Shop.
- Create-a-Cuddle workshop – children can make their own reindeer cuddly toy to take home along with a naming certificate and special gift box.
- Attend Elf Academy – learn some of the basics on becoming one of Santa’s elves. Including how to tiptoe like an Elf and the important letters of the Elf-a-bet.
- Watch a 3D film – pop your glasses on and take off on a 3D adventure with Santa in a 3D film.
- Watch a Christmas show – including Christmas Storytime, our Elf Sing-a-Long and special Nativity performances featuring farmyard animals.
- Write a letter to Santa – pop it in our post box to receive a free reply delivered to your home.
- Iceskate – Glide around the synthetic ice rink with ice skates available to fit all sizes.
- Tristan the Runaway Tractor – take a ride around the festive wood.
- Animals – Meet Mischka, Santa’s reindeer and all the other Farmyard animals.
There is also an Elf Passport to complete, a chance to take part in Snowball Shootout, Festive Funfair Rides, Peter Rabbit Adventure Playground™ and soft play.
How much is it?
Prices vary across the event, getting more expensive the closer you get to Christmas. Check specific days for prices, but they come in around £35 for children and £20 for adults. Under 2s are free as long as they’re not joining in meeting Santa and the cuddle workshop.
We really loved this event, and thought it was truly magical. It made for a really wonderful day for the whole family.
We enjoyed all of the activities but our two favourites were:
- Meeting Santa – I have never been to a more beautiful and festive Santa’s grotto before. Our santa was excellent and professional. My daughter was a little scared of him, but he was so patient and kind to her it really made her day. The children getting to choose their own gifts was a nice touch as the gifts then felt extra special.
- Create-a-cuddle workshop – My daughter was over the moon to get her hands on her own reindeer, choosing the reindeer’s heart was a great touch.
The thing that really shone out for me across the day was how professional and friendly the staff were at Willows Activity Farm. Everyone you come in contact with is pleasant, helpful and happy, which made our day that touch more special.
What could be better?
The ice skating was great fun for my toddler, but as an adult I found it almost impossible to stand up on. I have been ice skating on real ice many times and I found this synthetic floor to be far more slippery. In the end I went on with just my socks on so I could at least push round my daughter without falling over.
As you can see from my review, we really loved this event at the farm. At first I was a little bit put off by the price, but after attending I now think it was actually good value. You can access to all the activities, the children get to take home a gift from Santa, a stuffed reindeer and reindeer food and you also get a letter back from Santa.
The Santa’s grotto was so magical I want to go back again next year, it will absolutely be my go to for a Santa visit come 2018.