As we approach the New Year we all start to reflect on where we are and where we want to go. In a world where we hear so much negativity it’s important to be positive. 2017 was special for me and my family for many reasons.
Why 2017 was special for me
My youngest daughter was born
In January 2017 I went through child birth for the second time. My labour started on my due date at 2pm and by 10pm our gorgeous daughter was born.
2017 has been full of adventure with her learning to smile, laugh, sit, crawl, eat, stand and almost walk.
As we approach the New Year and her first birthday, the future for 2018 looks very exciting.
My eldest daughter turned two
We were fully into the toddler years with my eldest this year. I could have done without the toddler tantrums at times. But watching her grow and learn has been unbelievable.
My highlights of living with a two-year old have been;
- Her language has developed so much that we can now have full conversations.
- She has learnt to value friendships.
- She is becoming a being in her own right and developing her own ideas.
The next stage in 2018 will be all about the three’s and the preschool days.
Celebrated three years marriage with hubby
We got married whilst I was pregnant the first time, so this year we got to celebrate our third anniversary.
I couldn’t think of anyone else I would want to share this parenting journey with. Watching my husband with our girls, makes me very happy.
In October this year I finally built up the courage to start my own blog.
I’m still very much in the early stages of writing but I am loving being part of the blogging community.
Mumversation gives me a freedom I didn’t have to express myself and challenge myself to do something new.
if your looking for ideas for what to do with your family this New Years Eve see my post here.
What I hope for in 2018
As we approach the New Year I have been thinking of what I hope for personally next year.
My 2018 wish list;
- A smooth transition into work – I know going back will be tough at times but I’m hoping that we can establish a routine that works for us.
- A break with the family – we didn’t manage a holiday this year with the baby so I would love to get away in 2018.
- Time with family and friends – my brother and family are moving abroad soon, so along with my dad (who also lives abroad) half my family will live in a different continent. I hope in 2018 we can maximise time spent with family and our friends.
- Finally Blogging! – I hope that whilst I’m back at work I can keep up with and develop Mumversation consistently. Watch this space for more in 2018.